Tuesday 27 March 2012

Pretty pleased with myself

I drove to and from uni all by myself today. It was both terrifying and very liberating. The 42.2km trip from home to Frankston (Monash Freeway, Eastlink and a tiny bit of the Frankston Freeway) was quite the baptism for my first solo drive. I printed out the instructions from Google maps last night with the street view pictures so that it was almost impossible to mess it up! 

It was such a novelty to leave uni at 4.55pm and got home at 5.30pm. For the first time in a month I'm at home on a Tuesday night and I'm not completely exhausted from getting up before 6am and spending 3hours total in transit. It has taken me quite a while to get around to learning to drive and now that I can I haven't quite adjusted to the idea that I have finally earned this considerable extra responsibility. No doubt I will take it for granted soon enough! The next stop is definitely my own car and I'm already saving.

My facebook has been playing up lately and many of my facebook status updates became invisible to everyone but me. Because of this I have about a month's worth of posts that haven't been visible on facebook. Because facebook seems to be the main for way folk are accessing my blog I've been sharing my "invisible posts" that I wrote a few weeks ago. To prevent confusion I will now mark them as "invisible posts". If you have been reading  lately, please check the date on the post and don't be too worried if I had a bad day, it might have been a few weeks ago. 

As always, thank you for reading, I'm chuffed that you take the time to read what I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment =)