Monday 11 June 2012

Exams: not yet survived

This is my fifth attempt to write a post in about a week.

I am now through four of the six of my exams in my seemingly never ending exam period. I had an exam out in Frankston at 9am this morning. I bet you can't imagine a better way to spend your Queen's Birthday Monday than with the second anatomy and physiology exam.

Highlights of exams thus far include a girl from my course turning up to an exam in a zebra suit and me eating just about everything in the house.

My poor little brain is not used to all this studying and I most definitely have been going mad over the past few weeks. Subsequently, I'm very glad I didn't actually publish any of my previous attempts to blog. 

One was a crazed rant about how much of a shit a particular friend has been lately. Another contained an elaborate theory about why my siblings were apparently conspiring against me complete with explanatory pop-psychobabble. Finally, a large amount of waffle about how I felt like my brain was oozing out my ears...

In a much more balanced state I have concluded that said friend is in fact being a shit but writing about it (even anonymously) in a public forum probably isn't going to help. My brain has certainly been oozing out ears. However, my siblings don't seem to be out to get me any more than can be considered an acceptable sibling amount.

Being stressed about exams is a strange and new experience for me. One I am not enjoying a whole lot.

So this post really just serves as a progress report to let you know that I am still alive. However, it has been so long since I've had decent exposure to sunlight that my skin is just about transparent. 
I have two exams left. One is of the ordinary written variety, the other is a practical hurdle assessment. The hurdle is not worth any points itself, but if you fail it you fail the entire unit. 
No pressure. 

Aims for this week include;
  • survive
  • eat less (not in a crazy diet way, but in a way that means I won't resemble Michelin Man by the end of exams)
  • spend time in the sun (just to check that I haven't turned into a vampire)
  • study (eugh)
Watch out, here I come!
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liza, I am sure you will survive - somehow. Of course you don't want to eat too much, but chocolate definitely does help and I think it also stresses about exams so surely it has worked off its calories.
    I do enjoy your blog, but was a bit shy about commenting until now. I am not sure that I have my head around the public forum.
    Keep up the good work, at uni and here, the exams will finish one day. But I do think that an exam on a public holiday is just mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ali, I was quite excited when I saw that you had left a comment! I can understand your reluctance, this whole blogging business is a bit weird. I am trying my best to power on through with study and you are right, chocolate always helps :) Can't wait to see you and your clan in a few weeks xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey Eliza. I've been missing your blog but glad to hear you are surviving your exams. I agree with Ali that having an exam on a public holiday is too mean. Hang in there for the rest of your exams.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment =)