Sunday 19 August 2012

Facing another week



I have been committing some serious blog negligence over the past little while. 

The Olympics just about took over my life for the past few weeks and I think I slumped into some kind of post Olympics blues this week just past. 

I was late to just about everything I had to go to, I struggled badly to engage at uni and I skipped a lecture or two because I was either too lazy to get out of bed in time or too bored to stay. I think I exercised twice in the whole week and whilst I did not commit any serious crimes against nutrition, there is certainly room for improvement in that department too.

This week I will get back on track. My goals for this week are simple; go to all classes, be on time, get enough sleep, eat healthily and do my usual amount of exercise. 

This week I will find the time to write about the gymnastics at the Olympics, how returning to coaching has been the best thing that I've done in a long time and how to work out when a friendship is no longer worth the effort. 

Can't find the original source of this picture, if it is you please let me know and I will credit you!
Aliya Mustafina competing in London. She is one of my favourite gymnasts of the modern era, everything about her is magnificent except  for her form on her triple full.

I will also write a public service announcement encouraging young persons to keep themselves safe when they are out and about, as there was a nasty "close shave" incident in the household this weekend. 

I hope you are happy and well. If you, like me, are feeling a little bit off track at the moment don't make a grand promise that you'll behave like a new person come Monday morning. Set yourself a little goal, something so easy you think you could do it everyday for the rest of your life. If you start that small and stick with it, you'll actually set yourself up for long-term success. Then, once the first goal is as an ordinary a part of your daily life as brushing your teeth in the morning, add something new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment =)